Congratulations! everyone who passed the Patent Agent Examination 2018. And the others who unfortunately did not qualify this time, our good wishes! with them for the next time the Patent Agent Examination rolls around. We wish the notification comes again in 2019!
We advise everyone to apply online whoever has not already applied in physical form. Strengthen the digital manoeuver of the Patent Office India.
|Online Application Option is now available (Click for Patent Office Notice Dated Feb-06-2019)|
Why apply online? (for them who have not already applied in physical form), You save Rs 380 in the application fees (Rs 4000 Vs Rs. 4380) + You save time and cost of going to the bank and also the cost of making the DD (if any). And, also strengthen the digital manoeuver of the India Patent Office.
Admit card without Invigilator's signature: It has come to our notice that, some people do not have a signature by the invigilator on their admit cards. As it's a no way out situation now, we got suggestions from the Patent office that you may send a photocopy (xerox) of the unsigned Admit card when you send the physical documents to patent office after online application.
IMPORTANT: (From the Notice)
Even if you apply online, still you need to send the documents via Speed-Post. Please see the notice carefully for the list of documents to be sent in physical (paper) form.
Candidates who have already sent the application for registration through offline mode do not need to follow the instructions given in this notice i.e. if already applied off-line, do not apply online again. In case of any discrepancy found in the offline Application already made, the Patent office will revert back to them.
The Information below was provided for Physical Filing before the online facility was available on Feb-6-2019.
Here we are providing a handy set of guidelines on How to Apply for Registration of Patent Agent (Off-Line)
(Every Application goes to Mumabi Patent Office irrespective of where you appeared in the examination)
As per the Notice published in India Patent Office website on January 18, 2019, the candidates who have qualiﬁed the Patent Agent Examination-2018 may submit their application for registration as a patent agent in Form-22 along with requisite fee (fee for registration and continuation in one ﬁnancial year) and following documents:
- Self-attested copy for proof of Date of Birth (Passport/ PAN/Voter id/ Aadhaar/ Birth Certiﬁcate / School leaving certiﬁcate / Mark sheet / Driving license/ Govt. issued ID card)
- Self-attested copy for proof of degree in Science/ Engineering / Technology as per section 126(1) (c) of the Patents Act, 1970.
- Self-attested copy of proof of Citizenship (Passport / Voter ID / Certiﬁcate of Nationality)
- Character Certiﬁcate in original by a Gazetted Officer.
What you need:
Per the information we have in hand from The Patent Office, as the online facility is not currently active/ available, the qualified candidates are required to submit their application for registration as physical (paper) filing.
- Form 22 - Application for Registration of Patent Agent (Appropriately filled) - Download Form 22
- Self-attested Copy for proof of Date of Birth (as said above)
- Self-attested copy for proof of degree in Science/ Engineering / Technology (as said above)
- Self-attested copy of proof of Citizenship (as said above)
- Character Certiﬁcate in original by a Gazetted Officer - Download Template for Character Certificate
- A single demand draft of Rs. 4380* drawn in favour of “The Controller of Patents” payable at Mumbai
- Attach two recent passport size photographs (As mentioned at the bottom of Form 22)
- Provide specimen signature in separate sheet (As mentioned at the bottom of Form 22)
*(Rs. 3500 for one time registration + Rs 880 for continuation of practicing as Patent agent for the first ﬁnancial year)
9. Send the above documents in an appropriately closed envelop (use a C4 size envelop, do not fold the documents) to Patent Office Mumbai through Speed Post in the following address:
The Controller of Patents
Boudhik Sampada Bhawan, Antop Hill,
S. M. Road, Mumbai - 400 037.
Phone: 022- 24153651, 24101144