Power of Controller to refuse to deal with certain agents
(1) Subject to any rules made in this behalf, the Controller may refuse to recognise as agent in respect of any business under this Act—
- any individual whose name has been removed from, and not restored to, the register;
- any person who has been convicted of an offence under section 123;
- any person, not being registered as a patent agent, who in the opinion of the Controller is engaged wholly or mainly; in acting as agent in applying for patents in India or elsewhere in the name or for the benefit of the person by whom he is employed;
- any company or firm, if any person whom the Controller could refuse to recognise as agent in respect of any business under this Act, is acting as a director or manager of the company or is a partner in the firm.
(2) The Controller shall refuse to recognise as agent in respect of any business under this Act any person who neither resides nor has a place of business in India.